For the protection of yourself and others, under no circumstances should you attend our clinic for an appointment if you have tested positive for Coronavirus (Covid-19), are in a period of Self-isolation or considered to be in a Clinically Extremely Vulnerable group.
Who should Self-isolate?
Everyone who shows Coronavirus symptoms – a fever of above 37.8C, a persistent cough or breathing problems – and everyone who lives in the same house or flat as someone with symptoms.
Anyone contacted by NHS Test & Trace
If you live alone, you must stay at home for seven days from the day symptoms start. If you, or someone you live with, develop symptoms, the entire household needs to isolate for 10 days to monitor for signs of Covid-19.
The Clinically Extremely Vulnerable group includes:
You may be at high risk from coronavirus if you:
- have had an organ transplant
- are having chemotherapy or antibody treatment for cancer, including immunotherapy
- are having an intense course of radiotherapy (radical radiotherapy) for lung cancer
- are having targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system (such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors)
- have blood or bone marrow cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)
- have had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past 6 months, or are still taking immunosuppressant medicine
- have been told by a doctor you have a severe lung condition (such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma or severe COPD)
- have a condition that means you have a very high risk of getting infections (such as SCID or sickle cell)
- are taking medicine that makes you much more likely to get infections (such as high doses of steroids or immunosuppressant medicine)
- have a serious heart condition and are pregnant
- have a problem with your spleen or your spleen has been removed (splenectomy)
- are an adult with Down’s syndrome
- are an adult who is having dialysis or has severe (stage 5) long-term kidney disease
- have been classed as clinically extremely vulnerable, based on clinical judgement and an assessment of your needs