Chiropractic Clinics can remain open[i] to allow for medical need during the Coronavirus Pandemic. This helps reduce the burden on local GP practices, A&E and the NHS in general.
We are open for an appointment for essential, urgent or emergency cases throughout the week in line with the latest guidance available from the General Chiropractic Council and United Chiropractic Association. This includes, but is not limited to new or chronic pain, degenerative conditions such as arthritis and post-surgery rehabilitation. Patients who have been receiving Chiropractic care and are on a prescribed course of treatment can also be seen again if not in a vulnerable group.
We can assure you that we’re operating in accordance with the latest Public Health England advice. We are very aware of the ongoing Govt advice, in particular Social Distancing. We advise anyone who wishes to see a Chiropractor to follow the regulations and latest advice when leaving their home. Stay alert, Control the virus, Save lives.
Beach House Chiropractic – Clinic Appointment Protocol – A Safer Environment
If you need to see a Chiropractor, please call us in the first instance on (01903) 66 00 94. Please do not visit without an appointment. We can either book a Clinic Appointment or a Remote Appointment using our new Telehealth Consultation Service. To maintain safety, the following precautions are being taken in our clinic and form our new Clinic Appointment Protocol.
- Patients can now be seen by a Chiropractor if not Self-isolating, not in a Vulnerable group and do not show symptoms of the Coronavirus. Please do not be offended if the Chiropractor suspects you are in one of these groups and refuses treatment. This is for yours, other patients and the Chiropractor’s safety.
- Patient visits are currently available for non-routine (maintenance) care. This includes those who are in pain, the exacerbation of chronic / degenerative conditions, on treatment courses and those needing post-surgery rehab.
- Patient Appointments (adjustments) last for no longer than 20 mins but are booked every 30 mins. New Patient Appointments will last for no longer than 40 mins but are booked every hour. This helps avoid others in reception.
- Please arrive as close to your exact appointment time as possible, not early or late. This helps minimise the number of people in the clinic at any one time. We suggest combining your visit with another reason to leave home such as traveling to work, exercise or food shopping.
- Please come into the clinic alone without children or a companion. If you rely on someone to travel with, they should wait in the car or outside the clinic. If this is not possible or you require a chaperone for treatment, please mention it when making your appointment.
- Please use the hand sanitiser when entering the clinic.
- The toilets, drink station and other shared facilities will not be available for use at this time.
- All patient should acknowledge and sign the current treatment disclaimer available in the clinic before treatment. The disclaimer only needs to be signed once. current treatment disclaimer
- Normal treatment costs are applicable. Payment can be made using plan credit or via contactless card transaction (now up to £45 limit).
- There will only ever be a maximum of two Chiropractors working at the same time, one upstairs and one downstairs. A Chiropractic Assistant may be working on reception but will be observing social distancing guidelines.
[i] The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020. Statutory Instruments 2020 No. 350 Paragraph 37 Part 3.